2016/02/01

TOUGH START | EYE SURGERY | GEMINI OSTRAVA

January was tough. I don't know how about you, but January is always the hardest month for me. It shouldn't be, because it's a new year and everyone thought about themselves, how they were in the previous year and they have decided to change everything or at least try. That should give us a cheerful feeling, that everything's going to be better, but it doesn't. Why? I don't know. The exact same thing happens to me every year, I guess we are full of expectations and they mean no good.

In January I have been thinking a lot about my past, what I did wrong, what I should't have done and I haven't. I'm telling you, never do that! It only messes up your mood and it's so not worth it. You can't change the past so why even bother thinking about it. I'm telling myself this every year and I never seem to understand it. But this year those feelings and thoughts were replaced with a fear from a surgery I was about to attend.

From the seventh grade I was wearing glasses, but I hated them so I switched to contact lenses. It was much more comfortable, but also not that much that I could live with them for the rest of my life. I mean, you can't sleep with them, it's risky to go under water with them, sometimes you lose it, yeah that actually happened to me. Also it costs a lot of money. My whole family had the problem with having bad eyes and they are all older than me so they already attended the surgery. You have to be 18 to be able to have it. First I didn't want to take it, I was so freaking scared that I might end up completely blind, but eventually I decided to face my fears and have it. Now I'm 4 days after and I'm not blind. Success! I still can't see as I should, but I think that will be okay. Doctors said it takes time, the brain and eyes have to adjust to this new seeing. It didn't even hurt, only like a minute on every eye, nothing unbearable.

Tomorrow I have a check up appointment, so I'm curious what they will say.
That was one of the big events that are happening this year. The most uncomfortable one is done. Well maybe finals will be even worse, haha. If you want to know any details about the surgery, let me know in the coments.

xoxo iambarunga

No comments:

Post a Comment